it's like waiting for the ocean
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His white-tipped ears drooped as Roulette's aquamarine eyes remained blank, no light of recognition behind them. So, he had no idea what Slay just said. Sighing heavily, the male tried to think of simpler words with which to explain. Eventually the de Sadiras would have to master English, because there were precious few wolves in the area that spoke any foreign languages, let alone their specific dialect. The one wolf he had heard speaking what sounded like German had been Svara's mother, Sabeen Thames -- and there was no way he was letting any children near that crazy witch.

"Ocean, that's the ocean, the sea," he said slowly, motioning with his muzzle towards the gentle waves. Hopefully some of his phrases would be similar enough for him to recognize, as Catharsis had a habit of doing. She was the most vocal in her efforts to comprehend their tongue. "Be careful, it's dangerous. You have to swim. Um... Paddle, not sink... Dangerous," he finished, shaking his head at the water. That should be basic enough, right? No ocean until you could swim? "Come, follow me." He stood and padded aways on the sandy shore, scouting for something that would help them. "Come" was something they had used before; Roulette knew that one for sure. Cercelee had been very devoted to teaching them English, so that by the time the children were old enough to have rank in the pack, they could be fluent. Slay wasn't much of a teacher, but his heart was in the right place. "A rock pool! Come here, Roulette, check it out!"

Slay rested his white front paws on the rocky edge, his nose touching the surface of the puppy-sized pool. There were small plants in the bottom of the tidepool, but no fish or crabs in this one, luckily. It would be a safe environment for the boy to play in - after all, the water here was barely deeper than the boy's shoulders. He could splash and paddle in a circle without fear of drowning. Wasn't that clever of him? Slay smiled again, letting his ebony-daubed tail wave damply behind him. This should be fun, even if they had such a language barrier between them. He could see that Roulette was hurting, perhaps more than his more vocal siblings. He needed something to take his mind off it, at the very least.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread