it's like waiting for the ocean
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
words: 292

Slay watched with interest as the introverted boy studied the pool, touched the surface, seemed to calculate its depths in his mind. Roulette seemed like he would be a very intelligent wolf when he grew up - the kind that looked before he leapt, weighed his options, that sort of deliberation that Slay had always lacked. What Slay could offer him, though, was a chance to release -- to stop over-thinking his world and have a little fun, act like a kid again. The arctic wolf cheered aloud as Roulette splashed into the pool for the first time.

"Yeah, that's it!" the big male crowed, a sloppy grin pasted from ear to ear.
"You're not afraid of swimming. You're doing great!" Saltwater doused him in the face as Roulette thrashed playfully in the shallow pool. Slay laughed with him as it dripped from his ebony-daubed muzzle, spattering against his paws. He was still wet from his impromptu rescue earlier; what did a little more matter? He let his pale eyes scan the lonely shore, looking for something to add to their makeshift game. A toy of sorts, maybe a stick of driftwood... Ah! The arctic wolf moved fluidly across the sand, scooping up a mess of beached kelp in his jaws. It tasted of salt and fish. He trotted back to the rocky outcrop, dumping his rubbery vegetation in front of Roulette. It was another piece of the ocean - would the boy be interested in it? Within its tangled center there might be empty shark eggs, a hollow crab's shell, a flaccid jellyfish... the possibilities were endless! Or they could play tug-of-war with the ropy seaweed itself. Slay let his tail wag amiably behind him, hopefulness shining in his open expression.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread