All the Winds that You Rise
[html]

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

Mati had never seen her white coated sister in the same light as she did Haven, and had never really thought over it before. Part of her felt that she just wasn't as good as her sister was, a part that had been very loud while they were young. The other felt it had to be difference in the bond that had been created between she and her two siblings. Haven was there, always. He had never turned from her, never forgot about her feelings and loved her just as deeply as Mati did him. She had never felt that reliability with Brooklyn, and knew that she was much more prone to drifting off without a word then anything else. That part of her made it easy to treat her with the same indifference.

"I don't know, " The girl admitted as she took the hammer. Facing the blue eyed wolfess Mati looked deeply into her gaze, trying to find something that told her the Brook actually cared. Finding nothing in past similar searches had always been her experience, but now there was feeling present in the other's eyes. It brought her to speak again, softer. "I think I just knew, when everything changed. And they just weren't in love any more." Mati moved from the wall handing her sister the nail, waiting for her to put it in place. "Hold it steady..."

The earthen colored female could feel the gap, as if a visible presence. She had nothing to say, nothing to speak to her about and it was sort of stunning. The way they both had just lost touch, or never really had it to begin with. Mati had grown to despise her, but the anger so suddenly turned to regret and then sorrow. Why did it have to be this way? "How do you feel about it?" Her question was asked as she aimed and fired the hammer toward the flat head of the nail, almost hoping to smother the personal question with the crack of the tool.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread