chasing the shadows of a promise
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
i apologize for slow, was sick and am now playing catch up ;;. also, rofl, i just spent like half an hour locating the thread that tokyo originally got this necklace in. if you're curious it's here. XD. 335 words.

ic -
Bark bark bark. That was all that the damned puppies of Dahlia de Mai did. Her resentment of them was twofold; she disliked that which was small and outside of her control, and she hated the constant reminder of her own failings as a mother. Tokyo was supposed to be perfect. The blood was on her figurative hands, though, for three young lives. And then the two that she had tried to raise had left.. abandoned her. So her dislike for the dumb little things was pretty firmly cemented. Even if she didn't like them, though, she wasn't allowed to be as cruel as she wanted - even if she got away with stealing that rabbit from Palindrome, it was a sort of close call and a similar situation might not end up as much in her favor.

Well, she could still tell the damned thing to be quiet, at least when he was this close to Tokyo's den. When she approached, she decided it was one she hadn't seen before. Honestly, how many were there! She couldn't understand how there could be so many puppies at once. Surely once one female made the mistake of sex and realized what occurred from it, she'd warn the others of her pack... Tokyo herself had absolutely no interest in the act of procreation, and she shuddered to think of her own experiences in the act.

Before she reached him, though, she spotted something purple glinting in the green and brown brush. Her necklace! Well, the puppy rose ever so slightly in her estimation, if only through coincidence. It had been his annoying barking that had caused her to walk in this direction. Any pending forgiveness was extinguished as the puppy took her necklace in his mouth. If she had felt the pressure of restraint from the social construct of the pack before, it had all disappeared. This puppy had infringed upon her rights. That was her necklace, from her father! "Excuse me! Drop that necklace right now."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread