mother's little helper [joining?]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The expression on Alexey’s face did not falter; she remained impassive, her gaze neither cold or warm. She sort of liked how the youngster spoke her mind. There was nothing wrong with being assertive; after all, the Acer was quite opinionated herself. She wouldn’t have expected the child to agree with her anyway. Children and patience simply did not go together. The name Tokyo Chance was unfamiliar though. With the constant influx of loners taking up residence within Dahlia de Mai, Alexey simply did not have time to meet everyone.

She did her best to remember the recent pack celebration, just in case the kid’s mother had attended the gathering. That’s when she remembered a grey-muzzled female, around two or three years of age. They kind of looked alike, although their coloration wasn’t quite identical. “I don’t know anyone named Tokyo Chance,” she started, pausing between sentences to examine the adolescent’s reaction. “But I have seen someone who kind of looks like you at a recent pack meeting. Pretty blue eyes, grey nose.” That’s about all she could remember.

The teenager’s fur had bristled at the mention of her mother, and Alexey didn’t know what to think of it. She’d been informed of the incident between Svara and her mother, how one had permanently scarred the other. The Caregiver didn’t want history to repeat itself. “No, I’m afraid I don’t know where your brother is. What’s his name? And what’s yours?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread