all our heroes lack any conviction
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... e_copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

No problem!
PM me after you’ve read this so that I can close and archive it. You can make another post if you’d like—just let me know~ ^=^

She was still beneath him, unmoving as his teeth tested the vulnerability of her skin. It was so thin, so surprisingly weak. With a mere flick of those cruel, hungering jaws, her blood could be spilled upon the earth. And yet, even before he had moved to spill her blood, he had already gifted her life to her. Like everything else, this was merely a game, and he had chosen to be kind. His serpent’s tongue flickered over the open would that bled with every meager beat of her heart. Those hollow eyes watched her mockingly. How like a whelp she was beneath him, afraid for life and yet too ignorant to know how close Death was, if the concept of Death was even grasped. Perhaps the concept of survival was lost—he did not know how human these things had become. He knew only of this weakness that shuddered beneath him, that struggled to capture even the air.

The thing’s response was enough. He did not know the implications of those particular words spoken with that particular voice, but he found that it did not matter. Had he not already ordained that her life would be spared? And whether the begging had been genuine or not, the words pleading words had been spoken to save her own skin. Was that not enough? He sneered. And his daughter, Cwmfen nic Graine mac Corvus, would know that her time was drawing near. It was inevitable. She would be made to come, and she would come. This thing beneath him...it was merely a warning. She would know.

The pied brute drew back, those black orbs meeting that insistent, insolent gaze with that hollow, heavy intensity. Despite that empty blackness, the sinister flames flickered with tongues that laughed mirthlessly with mockery. "Surely you should not tempt Death so," the tenor murmured with those emotionless tones. The flat façade was harsh and impassive upon his face as he looked down at her. Then he pushed off of her wretched form and turned his back on her, disappearing as a black wraith into the shadows of the trees. He departed from the lands in which is daughter was harbored. "She will know," the tenor voice soothed quietly as he departed, leaving the bleeding female to suffer alone and without solace.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread