where no one knows my name
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She got in his way, and yet he was not surprised. As much as he hoped for things to go his way when she was around, they never did. Jefferson had erupted into shouts and swears in an attempt to drive her off his land once before, and it hadn't worked. He'd tried to send her away a second time, and it didn't work (instead, she ended up becoming a member). He'd been cold, harsh, bitter to her all along and yet somehow it wasn't working on her, even though it did with everyone else. He couldn't be Jefferson with Geneva. He had to be Maluki--he had to be who he really was... and he hated it.

He froze in his steps when she leapt out in front of him, voice rising to levels she had thrown at him only a few times before. Her green eyes reached at him, suddenly more daring and striking as they ever had been, and for a moment Jefferson didn't have the slightest clue what to respond to her. He stared, his typical gruffness absent but instead replaced by a stolid, melancholy stare that simply gazed at her and demanded nothing else. "Why should I talk to you now," the hybrid said quietly, "when you kept your own secrets before?" He was not angry, no. Just... mellow.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread