where no one knows my name
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Her insistence, her dedication to finding the best in a monstrous beast was not only admirable, but completely irritating all at once. Geneva's words furrowed his brow: Jefferson didn't understand why she was so determined to keep him from being the terrible creature he was. The shame, the shock he'd felt that first time had passed through her eyes when she heard his news, and yet the precocious lime things looked at him in a silent acknowledgment and seemed to forgive him both at once... something he did not want. Forgiveness. Why did he deserve that? The crimes he committed she clearly didn't understand. Geneva kept simply looking past them, hardly looking them in the eye or taking them to mind. He didn't get it, and... that was nearly infuriating.

His tone matched the mindset. The beast flared some, shaking his head and peering at her with a disgruntled scowl and a grim, confused eye. "Why?" Jefferson demanded suddenly, green eye piercing and relentless in its stare. "Why can't you just believe me?" Not believe his words -- but believe who he was, or who it was he thought himself to be. "Why do you have to keep trying? Can't you just acknowledge that you were wrong?" His voice dropped from perplexed to nearly pleading in his confusion and irritation. Jefferson heard the stupidity in his own voice and in the argument he made: she wouldn't back down and he knew it. He sighed audibly and turned, stepping past her once more. He couldn't stop trying to escape, even if he knew it was pointless with that girl. "I raped her! I raped some innocent girl and I can't even remember it to regret it!" He shouted in frustration as he moved away, pacing this way and that as he limped through the water, stopping and turning and stopping again as he tried to sort his thoughts, clearly overwhelmed. "Hell if I know what else I did! If I already stopped believing that I was anything other than a monster, why shouldn't you?!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread