where no one knows my name
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She had wound him up again, and he went off spinning into another tirade. She felt some small sense of satisfaction as he lifted his gaze to contemplate the sky. At the same time she felt a helpless frustration. He seemed as mixed up, as confused as she felt. He, too, was helpless against the tide of emotion, the pull of it. She felt a small stretch of relief to know that she wasn't the only one who struggled for control. There was a difference between them though. Geneva hid from herself by trying to control how close anyone got to her, she tried to keep form getting hurt. Jefferson might have started out doing the same. The difference was that he was suffocating himself. Geneva recognized this, and it assuaged her anger somewhat. It made her feel a little quieter, gave her room to breath.

She took a few, even breaths as he raised his voices. As always, she found his words ridiculous. She waited for him to calm, to quiet as the sound of her own heartbeat receded from her head. Anger was still a burning edge, but she felt less reactionary and more like a thinking being. She regarded Jefferson coolly as his words painted her as a fool once more, as he cast about words that seemed to contradict her outlook. As always, he frustrated her, and as always, she would meet him head on.

She waited, and added a bit of her own dramatics as she rolled lime green eyes at the man, ignoring the piercing gaze, refusing to be pinned by the emerald stare. Are you quite finished?" she asked, still a bite to her words, though she had noticeably calmed. She regarded him for a moment. "It isn't good enough for me, and it isn't good enough for you either." She took another small step forward, a physical reflection of her mental state - she wouldn't back down on this, wouldn't give him the space to run. "You act like you have it all figured out, but you don't. You're a liar, Jefferson. You act as though this weak facade of mediocrity is not only all you have, but all that you could possibly have."

Geneva exhaled noisily, staring at him intensely. "You act like love is beneath you, or too far above you - but that's a lie too. You've loved. You love. It is as plain as day, the way you are with Addison." She cocked her head to the side. "But go ahead, tell me I'm wrong, if it will make you feel better," she challenged.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread