A dog's life
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lysander watched her curiously as she spoke, he wouldn’t say it out loud but his father had once told him that women either grew up to be like their mother or the complete opposite. The male knew it wasn’t completely true, but he had seen it happen more than once. Knowing how one was raised was also a good indicator of how one would be when they were grown, of course, Asariel was already grown. He only needed to get to know her better if he wanted, but Lysander liked to figure others out before they had a chance to figure him out. It was all part of winning the endless game of life, he always had to be one step ahead.

Her question was an easy one, and perhaps he would give her more information than she bargained for. "I have three brothers, Lyle, Leroy and Leland. They were the first litter my mother had and the last one she will be able to have, she had a hard time giving birth to us." Lysander had never really thought too hard on it before, but the three siblings he had were the only ones he’d ever have, but even that knowledge did not spur him to better his relationship with them. “Leroy lives around here now, Leland did but went home.” He paused, his eyes locking with Asariel’s. “I’m not very close to any of them.” What he really meant was that he was not very nice to any of them, but he somehow, despite wanting to be honest with her, he did not want to make himself look bad in her eyes.

Coming up with another question was not hard, but finding one that was not too boring or too personal was a little tougher. Still, Lysander had an agenda and his questions mirrored that. “Do you have any children… do you want children?” It was an important question.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread