A dog's life
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I’m going to wrap this up and after the pack meeting we can make a newer one?

He didn’t mind her laugher. Truly. In fact, Lysander liked to make others laugh at times and while he hadn’t really been trying, he was neither insulted nor offended by Asariel. It was true he drank too much booze, but if Asariel thought him joking, or was just amused by his honestly, he would just laugh along. And he did. His own chuckle was deep and warm, and well used. Lysander was the type to find amusement in most any situation, and if there was none already present he often went about creating it himself. It was hard to get under his skin, partly because he was so good at doing it himself and partly because he just didn’t care when others poked fun at him. Lysander rolled with the punches; it was one of his few positive features.

Ears perked forward as once again she complimented him, speaking as if his company was truly worth keeping. Lysander grinned at first, sincerely, but soon the though the grin stayed plastered on his face he wasn’t sure why. Why she bothered with him. Or maybe he could figure that out, girls seemed to like him and normally he just accepted this and used it to his advantage. And maybe they were all innocent and nice girls, but he really felt like Asariel was a nice girl. So nice, that he didn’t want to take advantage of her, and so nice that he didn’t trust himself around her.

Excusing himself was all very natural, there was nothing to indicate that quite suddenly he didn’t want to be near her. Or rather, he wanted to be near her too much and it scared him. Rather than have any sort of real feelings he’d leave and hopefully not see her again until he had forgotten about whatever it was she was making him think and feel right now. Standing up slowly his face seemed concerned, truly as if he really did have somewhere else he needed to go. < B> “Asariel, I’m sorry. I just forgot. I have to go take care of something. You can stay here as long as you’d like though, it’s been nice talking with you.” Of course he wouldn’t return to his cabin until she was gone and if she came back he probably wouldn’t answer the door, but nothing in the way he so easily up and left said that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread