empty walls
[html]

i can't stop running away.

A little abashed of his excited and therefore rushed response, his cheeks flushed, giving the creamy fur there a pinkish glow. He wondered if it was odd of him to actually want to learn how to read – did most children think it a terrible waste of time? Should he be busying himself with more boyish and assertive activities, like fighting and hunting (both of which he was not at all skilled at)? He supposed he thought that maybe, if he came home with a new skill acquired, be it anything, his parents would be proud and his siblings envious. He’d stand out a little – and aside from that, reading was something he was absolutely positive that he would enjoy.

He watched her reach into the depths of her den, touchingly eager to teach him. He felt himself grinning with anticipation – he didn’t know what to expect, and it was oh! so exciting. He watched the fire swirl and flare until she returned with a slate and chalk in hand. That would be great. I can’t wait to show them to Momma and Papa, even if I can’t practice just yet. With the happy prospect of showing new and therefore impressive objects to his parents, he smiled happily and settled down next to Naniko, his eyes carefully following the delicate lines she created with her hand. Every once and awhile, he asked a question – it was confusing, but he thought that maybe, just maybe, he could do something that would cause his pride to swell, which was a good thing.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread