J : Passion makes you crazy...
[html]
Amaranth, as she was called, loped easily around the reserve's fences. Every once in a while she would pause to stare hungrily at the captive wapiti - quite the novel concept to her - but she moved on without so much as crouching to stage an ambush. Not only would it be rash to do so, but it would be terribly rude to hunt here. While she had reached no clear territory markers yet, the smell of a certain few other wolves-but-not-wolves was tangled in every swift breeze that blew through the area. She must be near a pack; one who, if her nose were to be believed, lay claim to large amounts of corn and a strange plant she could not identify. They must be civilized, she thought. They grow things! Her ears perked up slightly with excitement, and she loped forward ever quicker.

It was not long before she reached the edge of a clearing, the other side of which reeked, quite literally, of wolf-but-not-wolf presence. And it excited her. She padded over to the middle of the clearing and sat back on her hind legs amongst the weeds, careful not to choose a stinging nettle for a seat. Nervous, she tensed and untensed the muscles in her back.

The urge to howl was strong; how much she longed to be part of a pack again, to howl just to say hello, to hear pack song and join in for the sheer joy of doing so. But she would not; she was resolved, though a quiet, instinctual yip escaped at least once or twice. Patience was not part of her usual skill set, but making a good impression was of the utmost importance. She settled herself, and brushed down any stray fur with her nose. She became the picture of a healthy wolf - young and strong, the subtle copper notes in her tan and black fur gleaming in the sunlight. She must show them that she was worth believing in.

For all her efforts at perfection, her tail still twitched a very little bit.

---

OOC Name: Caroline
Preferred method of contact: AIM - inevitabilityD
Character Name: Amaranth
Character Age: one year, nine months
Character Gender: female
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular Wolf
How did you hear about 'Souls?: I was a member several years ago. I'm back to visit, at least for a while.

Please note that if I do not reply again today, I probably will not be able to reply until Tuesday. I'm sorry for this, but it's a busy weekend for me. Also, please bear with my HTML. I'm very rusty.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread