J : Passion makes you crazy...
[html]

First a scent - one of those she'd smelled around the wapiti pens - then a sound - footsteps in the copse in front of her - then a body in the shadows. A particularly large body, with an odd protuberance... No, it's an eagle. And so it was, an eagle sitting atop a large, very powerful looking wolf. And neither of them seemed to mind or to be afraid at all. Very strange, this wolf-but-not-wolf was.

He nodded - Amaranth wasn't quite sure how to take it. He seemed almost deferent, or at least hesitant. Strange wolves, these... and not just in body. Even so, she followed suit, bowing her own head lower, and for longer, then barely dared to meet his eyes. "I am Amaranth, formerly of the Jade Forest pack, two moons' run from here, toward the warmer lands. I have traveled far."

True enough, so far, though the temptation to lie to make herself seem more worthy was very great. "I heard tales of wolves who were like me and my pack, but stronger. Like..." She trailed off awkwardly, staring somewhere to his left... "You. My pack, they were set in the old ways. I told them they were weak, but they would not listen." At this she met his eyes again, her dull, tan eyes almost defiantly standing up to his much more striking pair.

If she were not covered in shaggy fur, her ribs would be strikingly apparent. For this she was grateful. Starvation means weakness, she reminded herself. "I come here for many reasons. For one, I seek a home. I am weak on my own, but I can be strong with others. I- I get ahead of myself. I seek to be strong. Like..." She trailed off again, exactly the same as before, between the exact same words. "You."

Not ordinarily shy, this admission cost her in terms of morale. She looked quickly away, now focusing her eyes on his paws. Broad, powerful paws. Like the legends said.

---

This is a completely new character for me. Any name-likeness is accidental, and if the previous Amaranth is reading this, I'm sorry! Anyway, my previous characters were Ashened (of Clouded Tears) and Mars (I believe a Lone Wolf); I'm sure I had another one or two, but I do not remember them so well. I'm told I should post in Garbage to say hi to all my old friends, but I'd like to wait until I'll be here for more than one day in a row to reply. Smile If any of my old friends see this though, hi! I'll be able to chat with you guys in a few days.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread