J : Passion makes you crazy...
[html]
"That's pretty far," he said. She ducked her head away briefly, at once both bashful and flattered. It was an odd emotion for her, but then again... it was an odd situation as well. Presented with a strong male who seemed to be more other than wolf, who carried an eagle on his shoulder, she was more off-balance than the eagle could possibly make him.

It may have been difficult, it may have come naturally, but eventually Amaranth worked up the courage to speak... even to challenge an idea. "I do disagree though." Here she paused, temporarily stunned with herself. "A pack of ten will always be stronger than ten individuals. It is with a united purpose that we fly highest, like your... friend there." She tipped her nose toward the eagle, then looked straight down at her own paws, completely embarassed with her lapse of control over her image. "I- I overstep. I apologize." The two words she hated to say most had just made it off her tongue. A strange day indeed.

"I am strong myself. I have courage - I think, perhaps, too much courage - and passion. I do not fail; I simply try harder. But I suppose these are not skills." She tilted her head slightly, still looking away from him in shame and submission. Skills? Have I... any? "I am not sure what use it is to you, but I am very resourceful. While I am not familiar with all the plants and animals in these lands yet, I see many things I do know. Plants for healing and strength, foxfire for light, and the like. I am good at finding things, about making the most of my few abilities. I am not much of a fighter or a hunter, but because I think, and because I am not deterred by failure, I am able to somewhat compensate."

"I-" Again she stuttered, this time failing to finish the sentence. "Those are not skills. I am a gatherer, and a bit of an herbalist. Oh, and I can navigate with the stars to some extent, but I am by no means a master." Again with the verbal diarrhea. She fidgeted, clearly uncomfortable, but she refused to budge, refused to turn tail and run. This - a new pack, with those like wolves but so much more - was what she truly desired, and she would not be deterred by this male. Or anyone, for that matter.

---

Sorry for the wait! I wasn't able to browse the interwebs for more than a few minutes a day until now. I should be back for good.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread