J : Passion makes you crazy...
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ranth1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:1px solid black;">

The compliments piled up very quickly, and it wasn't long until Amaranth was embarassed for reasons wholly unrelated to the shame she felt for running her mouth. It was all she could do to keep herself from hiding her entire head; she nearly managed a completely impassive front, but her tail twitched a few times nonetheless. It was something of a shock when this Dawali creature then called her out, staring at her whilst claiming that she thought she had acted an idiot. "I thank you for your compliments then. While I do believe I've made an ass of myself here, I will accept that you believe I am intelligent. I am not one to dictate your thoughts for you, anyway.

Her tail twitched again, this time due to a small insect which had managed to crawl underneath the amber-tinted brown fur of her tail. When the itch did not disappear, she craned her neck to look as she pawed at her tail irritably. After a few moments the itch subsided, the insect likely dead, but her attention was still fixated behind her. She nudged a particularly purply-stemmed plant with her nose. "This is orangeroot, it was rare where I come from. It will keep most wounds from getting infected. You should try to cultivate it; it's very useful. I'm afraid I..." She paused again, much like her awkward pauses minutes before. "Am not much good with tasks which require dexterity. Hopefully I will be able to aid the pack more in the future."

Amaranth turned back around, blinking a few times as her eyes adjusted to the late afternoon sun which threatened to burn its way straight into her brain. "What must I do to prove my skills to you? They are not many, and they are certainly not conventional, but I am ever-learning. I do not intend to die with this little to say for myself." She met his eyes with her own once more, not so much challenging him as herself; her determination would be readily-apparent to most onlookers. Reminded by her latest bout of verbal diarrhea, she became suddenly restless once more, with no new bugs to take out her emotions on. She settled for gently kneading the ground beneath her tawny paws, hoping that Dawali would not notice but knowing that he likely would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread