joining - dwindle, peak, and pine
[html]
Hi, welcome Smile

Dawali's eyes flashed to the eagle on his shoulder as he continued to scold her for her mental absence. It seemed the female bird refused to let him in on both her thoughts and her words, and she had not spoken a word since the encounter with Brennt. While he understood that she was quite shook up, he didn't see how it would be fair to torment him like this. Sure, he was used to being alone, and after Mischka had died and Asha had gone back to find her sister, he'd been alone but content, getting enough social input from his spirit guide to stay sane and feel well. The occasional run-in with the tribe members also helped, of course, and as he was the leader he could come and go and knock on doors as he pleased, with the excuse that "he just wanted to check if everything was all right". But now the bird's silence was making him annoyed - was it that hard to just... give him something? Anything? She'd changed so much - before she would come and go as she pleased, but at least speak with him. Now she was a never leaving weight on his shoulder, a wall of coldness and silence. He'd been speaking to her all day likes this, and now his feet carried him briskly along the border, his red furs bright-looking in the sun. I just don't see how there could be a point! I know you're stubborn, but couldn't you at least go away if you're not talking to me? What was the use of a spirit guide who only tormented you?

His voice was loud and clearly annoyed as he took his aggression out on the creature in the verbal medium, but as he cleared vegetation he came to an abrupt halt, faced with another new face. It was the third in one week, and though he was glad he was also slightly annoyed. He'd been speaking so loudly that the stranger must have heard most, if not all of it, as he was approaching. The stranger was lying by the border, relaxing, and unlike many others Dawali did not automatically assume that his intentions were not as good as the average person would like. Quite uncomfortable now, Dawali cleared his throat - both for attention and to rid himself of the awkwardness of the situation. Eh, hi there. I'm sorry about that... Can I help you? If Mischka or any of his daughters had seen him right then, they would have burst out laughing like madwomen - they all enjoyed his pained face when uncomfortable. Sort of like Gvihita used to take great pleasure when he got into trouble - but she was a different bird altogether lately. Dawali stood rank on his two legs as he looked at the stranger in the grass, waiting for an answer. He was uncomfortable, and it was very noticeable.

Table by James! thankyou<3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread