joining - dwindle, peak, and pine
[html]

.......The view from this precise place may not have been the most stunning sight in all the world, but already Hemming was warming up to it. The overcast sky refracted the sun just enough to make everything gently and evenly lit, and the wapiti in the distance definitely added something. Already the thin wolf was imagining what wonders might lie further into the territory, but his mental leash was pulled tight and he was reminded not to get too far ahead of himself. A faint smile danced upon his lips as he followed the other's arm across the countryside, and he gave a slight nod.

.......Hemming's eyes darted to the ground for a minute, almost bashfully, as he was asked to outline some of his strengths. "Ah, what could I contribute with? Always a difficult question, I think, to try to answer with the right amount of humility and yet without selling yourself short." Hemming scratched his chin a bit and looked back up to the other wolf. The eagle perched on his shoulder did not fail in snagging his attention for a moment.

.......After a few seconds of thought, he started, "I am a good reader, so I may learn arts described by humans in their books; I can apply many different plants to the treatment of various ailments; I can read the stars. I like to cook, but I am not yet very good at it. I think it's safe to say that I am dedicated to learning and improving." Saying these things made him feel strangely pretentious, and he continued with, "However, I must be upfront and tell you that I am not the most physically strong wolf; I struggle with hunting larger game and most of my food has been caught in traps, or, in the case of fish, with a spear or a net." Was it a good idea to say that? He wasn't sure, but it seemed fair. Once he stopped speaking he could hear his heart again, beating like an old war drum.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread