joining - dwindle, peak, and pine
[html]

.......Whether it was loneliness that caused him to open up or just being used to speaking every thought aloud whether or not someone was there, Hemming was finding their conversation a tiny bit easier than expected. The nature of the other male certainly helped to put the newcomer at ease, and any fidgeting he had tried to occupy by clenching and unclenching his toes was quickly dissipating. To live in the company of someone like this would certainly be nicer than living alone with only the company of his books, as he had done for most of his life. For only a brief period of time he had someone to bounce ideas off of, and surely that contributed greatly to personal growth and improved learning.

.......Hemming smiled more broadly as the more colorful wolf replied. What he was saying just made the smile etch itself deeper, and Hemming couldn't help but let a "Wonderful," slip out, followed by another smile. The tribe was sounding more and more wonderful as it was being described. "I could certainly try to teach you, and others, to read. I've lost all my books, but I saw city buildings while I was walking here - I'm not sure how far away - but it would be a safe bet they have libraries or universities with good books on various topics." The wolf smiled again, excited by the prospect.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread