joining - dwindle, peak, and pine
[html]
Maybe one more post and I guess we're done!

It seemed the other did indeed enjoy the thought of joining their ranks, and Dawali was glad to mentally add another number to the count. He had the willingness to learn and to share knowledge, and there was much respect to gain from such traits. The red wolf male kept smiling and nodding - his anger at the silent bird on his shoulder had evaporated, and in its place was a keen interest for this new member. And such a relief to be able to live through a conversation without worrying whether anyone hormones would carry them onto some rage trip. He knew it was not right to think that way, but he could not help it, when he spoke with females. It was better to talk to males, and Hemming proved that he was a comfortable counterpart in conversation, regardless of gender.

On the mention of a city, Dawali decided to prove that he, too, did have some knowledge of this. Although he never went there he knew where it was, sort of. He'd also seen some building-like things over the treetops when he'd visited Dahlia de Mai, perhaps that place also harbored some human secrets. Yes, there's a large city to the west - Halifax. And I believe the claimed territories of Dahlia de Mai also covers some sort of a city. I don't know what libraries are, but I'll bet there is some kind of place where they've gathered up important things as books - from what I've seen the humans did a lot of gathering stuff up. True, and not just important stuff. Rubbish, too. He'd come across an old garbage dump once - not a pretty sight! Nor a pretty smell.

Suddenly, Dawali realized that he had not yet given his name to the stranger. He'd been too preoccupied with scolding the bird at his side to even think of such thing. Nearly blushing in embarrassment, Dawali quickly added a sentence to his previous one, whilst greeting Hemming in the usual way; his eyes closed and his nose pointed downwards in a prolonged nod, kept there for a moment or two, before lifted again. I've forgotten to give you my name, Hemming. I'm Dawali Amara, Bone-Bearer of AniWaya, my tribe, he paused. Once his eyes were open and meeting those of the male in front of him again, he continued; whose ranks I hope very much that you will join.

Table by James! thankyou<3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread