thread title missing
[html]
OoC: Slight powerplay to wrap up the thread. Next comes the official pack-forming one! =]

"I will look for your male comrade tomorrow, Ruri. For now, you should rest, knowing that I am all right." His voice had a kinder edge when he spoke to the needy girl, knowing that she could never see his smile. Svara, though crass, had a point; Ruri could certainly use some sound sleep after her frightening period of isolation. The tall male shifted his footpaws in the hot sand, eying the shade of the cabin. Everyone had assured him that it was far too small for the lot of them, but he was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Besides, if they were accepting his lead, they should be offering him the best quarters, should they not? "When we have more chiens on our side, they can assist your labor, proud Monsieur Leroy. For now, I believe we have adequate space."

He raised an eyebrow at the herbalist's strong words. "Cowards are useless. This is true. But I fear you are quick to judge, Madame," he said smoothly, changing her title to that of a partnered female. She did not appear to be single, not with her handsome husky-dog hovering so nearby. A pity; they might have had some fun together... "'Coward' is a strong word to use loosely. And of course we shall complete our task. It will be simple. Already, we have numbers, yes? If your wolf packs come looking for you, your king will defend you." He added a flourishing one-armed bow, much like his introduction. If the foolish alpha wolves who had outcast the members of his troupe decided they wanted to reclaim them, well, they would find that more difficult than they'd imagined. Jacquez was no stranger to dogfights. But capricious as ever, his serious tone evaporated at Firefly's next words.

"Whiskey! I like the sound of that," he crooned, snaking his arm around Firefly's waist to lead her towards the cabin. A playful smirk teased his black lips at her intuitiveness - he was indeed exhausted, and dehydrated, and half-starved for that matter, after the harrowing experience of the storm. But he rarely voiced or even acknowledged such concerns. They were below him. Others would fetch him food and drink, because he did not have to hunt his own meat. That's what followers were for. He and Ruri would rest and get caught up, and then they would find the Haven fellow that she had mentioned, to round out their numbers. The beach would be their home, a fitting place for the flotsam and jetsam to wash up upon. They would have their settlement, their pack of drifters, their acceptance in rejection... and he would lead them all.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread