a hundred thousand destinations
[html]

.......yeah, they really were... and i miss star!! man. nostalgia!

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Hemming was immensely pleased about sitting down and talking to someone. He would be quite pleased if their conversation dwindled into the night time. The sky was nice and clear, and when the sun went down the stars would be visible. Without trees all around them, this would be the perfect place to stargaze. Since he had lost his books, the male had struggled with keeping track of the transit of planets, and after a few weeks he was unable to predict their passages at all. Maybe, if they were lucky, Venus or Jupiter would be out. Earlier, the wolf had worried about getting back to AniWaya lands before dark to make sure he found his way, but he was put at ease by having some pleasant company. He would stay the night here, if necessary, or wander back. Even if he got lost, he could find a place to spend the hours before the sun rose and make it back in the morning.

.......Crimson Dreams was not a pack that was familiar to him, but the male was glad to hear that the two were neighbours. A year seemed to be simultaneously a long time and a short time to live somewhere. Hemming had lived by himself for about three years, which made the year seem short, but thinking of it as a quarter of his life so far made a year seem long. Three years, then, was eternity. Too long, perhaps, to be alone, no matter how many books one has.

.......When Anu confessed her embarrassment, he shrugged it off, smiling at her softly. "You should come visit sometime, then. It seems like a very friendly place, so far. I don't really know about the interpack dynamics here, though, so I guess I shouldn't say. Sometimes places have animosities that run so deep nobody knows why they're there in the first place, and yet nobody wants to give them up." His amber eyes fell to the water lapping at his feet. Sentient creatures were funny things.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread