joining
DaVinci couldn't help the smile that crept back upon his maw as the woman greeted him with a little more confidence than she had originally started out with. He nodded slowly as his rumbling irish voice broke out, "Any you.. Xeris.." The name was foreign on his tongue but he was use to the strangest of names and hers had yet to impress him on that note. It was just a name like so many others, a parent had given it to her or she'd bestowed it upon herself, whatever the story, it was a name, something to call the girl and it was enough.

She started in on her skills and weaknesses and DaVinci nodded as she gave a little of both. He liked the fact that she had hope and already imagined herself among their numbers. Perhaps she would be worth something if she could indeed bring the others closer together, though he didn't believe that they were all that distant as it was, they just had their own ways and sometimes it took some getting use to. He knew he was quite a handful at times and he could name one or two others who could do a number on the poor girl's beliefs in herself. He hoped that didn't happen but he knew it was possible.

When she finally fell silent he lowered his head slightly and chuckled. "Well you gave me everything I asked for.. and.. don't worry so much about fitting in.. My sister seems to believe we're just a bunch of dreamers and has beens.." he shook his head at the idea and sighed. "It is quite possible she is right though.." he gave the girl a wink at his words and finally gave her the answer she was looking for.

"So.. Xeris, you'll rank as a Loas for now, til we can see just what you have in you." He smiled as he let out a massive yawn and shook himself, trying to rid the sleep that was trying to reclaim him. "There's plenty of houses and dens about the lands.. if you follow the road that runs through the lands you'll see a little cottage off the coast. You can stay there for tonight if you'd like.." He had stopped bothering to tell anyone the story behind the cottage, the founder of the pack who'd once lived there, his mother.. whatever she once was to the pack, she was just a part of legend now.

Another yawn broke through as he continued. "If you'd excuse me now, I'd like to try and catch a bit more sleep before dawn breaks.." He really didn't like the fact that he'd left Cinder all alone either and he was suddenly very much aware of how far he'd traveled to get to the newest member of their lands.

Messages In This Thread