What to Think of the Unexpected
[html]

He was a bit surprised to hear her impression of Haku, but it couldn't be helped. The two weren't close; Jefferson had only a single meeting between them to hold onto to remember his step-brother by, and it wasn't exactly the most pleasant of thoughts. Haku had been distrusting even then, his recognition of Maluki even more caustic. Oddly, the Dahlia man hadn't put him on edge back at that meeting, though his behavior was definitely more and more questionable as Jefferson lingered longer on the thought. Now that the cyclops led a pack, however, he couldn't assure their meetings to be so friendly from then on. If Haku was a threat of some sort, he'd have to know about it... but in the meantime, his friendship with Cercelee and 'acquaintanceship' with this Cwmfen would do. "I guess we get it from mother dearest," he lied. Hell, he didn't know why he and Haku were similar.

He smiled at her analysis of the concept of spying, though he was not sure why. She was charming, in a humorless way, although resisting each and every urge to speak sarcastically with her was a heavy burden. He made no reply to her mutterings on the subject, but straightened attentively as she continued with more serious news. The brute's bitten, torn ear simply flicked at the mentioning of her father as some sort of culprit. "I will keep my eye out," Jefferson shrugged, worrying little about the matter if it was of no direct concern to his pack or family. He had far too much else to worry about, but current events and wanted signs were always useful knowledge for a lazy cyclops and his pack of dreamers. "I'll be sure to pass on anything I hear. Good luck with that." That was all he could offer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread