still I hear you say....
[html] She could hear Deuce's voice coming from nearby, and she walked a few steps farther before she figured out exactly where the sounds were coming from. It worried her, that Deuce hadn't come out to greet her; usually she was glad to see Dierdre. Things must have been really bad for her. Dierdre hurt inside...but she could only imagine how Deuce was feeling. It'd been Dierdre's brother that had died, that was true, but she hadn't known him very well. Shadow had grown knowing Deuce and Lucifer as parents, and not knowing Dierdre as his sister.

The girl poked her head inside the den, her eyes adjusting to the darkness after a few moments. Even with her mother's coloration she had trouble seeing her...mom wasn't quite as big as she remembered, and Dierdre was overcompensating. "What're you doing sitting in the dark?" She put the hare down outside the den. "Come up here. Please?" Dierdre had practice with coaxing, what with all the little pups around, ("eat just one more bite--one little one") and maybe her mother would listen to her. "I want to see you. I couldn't find you anywhere..I was really worried. Lucifer came and spoke to me. He...hasn't come back here yet?" She didn't want to talk about Shadow, that would be too painful. But was Lucifer a painful subject?[/html]

Messages In This Thread