still I hear you say....
[html]She was wary of coming closer, of going inside. She wanted to see Deuce, but knew what that sight would bring. There had been times before when she'd thought that her mother had hit rock bottom...but now things were happening all over again. Tamerlane had convinced her that she should come and try and help Deuce, to make things better...but Dierdre had no idea how to do that.

Should she bring up what Lucifer had told her? Or...should she not? She didn't want to lose her temper, not here. This wasn't the time or the place for that. "He told me about Shadow...Mom, I'm really sorry. I didn't know him very well...but he was my brother and I loved him." At the mention of food she reached down, bringing forth the hare. "I brought something with-maybe I can help you cook it. I never really asked..if you liked your meat that way, though. I can't eat rabbit...I'm too used to fish...but I thought you might like it"

This was a touchy time...she didn't want to say anything that would make Deuce upset, or herself upset. But she wanted to start to try and help. If she could. "I'm glad...that you think he's a good guy. He helped me after..everything happened. Dad likes him, too. Listen--" She cut off for a moment, considering how to start, "I wanted to talk to you. About everything. I just...wanted to know what was going on, and how you were doing....I saw what happened to Lucifer, he showed me the stab wound." She swallowed, trying to keep her voice steady. "Why didn't you come to me when you found out about Shadow? I would have taken care of you! I want to take care of you! We need to be together"[/html]

Messages In This Thread