still I hear you say....
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She was glad to hear that Shadow had liked her...even if it was too late to do anything about it any more. There was so many things that she could have done to make things better between them...but maybe she was just kidding herself. She hadn't wanted to come by because she'd been afraid of running into Lucifer back then. Her brother had paid the price for her fear.

Dierdre had often wondered about what her father Thanos was like, why Deuce had chosen him among all others to father her. Had it just been a one-time-thing, or had it been deeper? Had Thanos died? Or maybe he'd gone away to look for some more family members? She didn't understand how someone could want to leave thier children behind...but then, she didn't know the situation.

"Mom...I know you didn't mean for it to happen." The entire litter had died? She came into the den, laying down beside Deuce, putting her head down onto her paws. "I remember what you told me before--why I was the only one in my litter. The others died, didn't they? But I was the lucky one. And then..in Shadow's litter, a few of them died too. It can't be your fault...it's just something that happens sometimes"

She was worried about it, though...would the same thing happen if she and Pilot tried to have pups? Even if it did, she would do the same thing that Deuce did--continue to try. She wanted a full, healthy litter. "Mom, I've been greedy. You've been here the whole entire time, needing me, and I haven't been here for you. You can't tell me not to help you now...I want to make up for lost time. I wish you still lived in Storm..then we could be around each other all the time. I'd like that. I never had the chance to ask...why you left"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread