still I hear you say....
[html]

Dierdre came in then, laying next to her. Deuce breathed in her scent; it hadn't changed much, except for the addition of Pilot to it. She nuzzled her daughter, aching for the pup she used to be. Dierdre had grown up so much, and Deuce had missed it somehow. How did any good mother miss their child growing up?
"Mom, I've been greedy. You've been here the whole entire time, needing me, and I haven't been here for you. You can't tell me not to help you now...I want to make up for lost time. I wish you still lived in Storm..then we could be around each other all the time. I'd like that. I never had the chance to ask...why you left" She listened to the cinnamon girl's words, frowning just slightly at the way Dierdre seemed to blame herself for not being there for her mother.
And then the question. Why she'd left Storm. I left Storm...to be with Lucifer. He couldn't be in Storm..because of what he did to you. So i left Storm to join him in his pack, the pack he chose. She looked at Dierdre quietly, hoping her child understood. it wasn't because I didn't want to be with you...it was because I wanted to be with him.
Death. it seemed to be on the pale mother's mind an aweful lot. maybe just because of the fact that Shadow had died, and she'd miscarried. She turned her attention to something that was bothering her. Don't let my.....accidents....keep you from wanting to have your own pups. I did a lot wrong with my litters. I never ate enough, becuase i wasn't going to ask someone to hunt for me...and I can't hunt very well, i never have been able to. And with the litter I miscarried...i was under a lot of stress...and...Shadow...dying.... didn't help any.
She halted her rambling to look at her child, wondering if she understood.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread