still I hear you say....
[html]
before you tell yourself
<3

it's just a different scene

She knew that Lucifer wasn't allowed back in Storm, not after what had happened. It was a price that he, and now she would both have to pay for it. She had known that her mother had left, but hadn't tied the two things together until now. Jaded Shadows, of all places? This was where Grandmother lived, and Dierdre came here often enough...she'd just never seen Deuce here. Maybe once, but Deuce hadn't smelled like a pack member back then.

"And you want to stay here"She said, looking at Deuce through the dark. She wanted them to be together, like a mother and daughter should...but Deuce wouldn't want to leave. And she didn't know where Deuce would live in Storm; she and Pilot hadn't been mates for very long, and needed privacy.

"I'll come as much as I can--and I can bring food. I don't eat rabbit or squirrel any more, but I have a bow...that's it! The bow! The next time I come I'll bring it for you. I was trying to think of a use for it, because it's only good for hunting ground-prey...and I think I found one! I can teach you, mom--it's so easy to use. And I painted the arrows' ends bright, bright colors so that you can find them if you miss. It makes it so you barely even have to move to hunt--you just have to aim"

Dierdre was extremely pleased with this idea--the bow was getting dusty sitting there in the back of the den. "I have a mate to provide for me...if that happens. If we decide to have pups. I don't need the bow. Pilot wouldn't use it anyway--he usually only catches fish."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread