still I hear you say....
I apologize for the unforgivable wait. It's been a long LONG week, and I wasn't sure how Deuce would respond to this. LOL. But I'm back now. *cuddles*

I'll come as much as I can--and I can bring food. I don't eat rabbit or squirrel any more, but I have a bow...that's it! The bow! The next time I come I'll bring it for you. I was trying to think of a use for it, because it's only good for hunting ground-prey...and I think I found one! I can teach you, mom--it's so easy to use. And I painted the arrows' ends bright, bright colors so that you can find them if you miss. It makes it so you barely even have to move to hunt--you just have to aim"

Deuce looked at her daughter, who was so pleased with herself. She gave her a smile, soft and tender. Dierdre would always love her, no matter their problems in the past. She left the question alone. Dierdre knew the answer. Deuce would leave her mate no more than the girl would leave hers.

Pilot wouldn't use it anyway--he usually only catches fish." This made the mother laugh, the first laugh since Shadow died. We had a famine the year I came to souls....that was all we ate in Syemv. I still shudder when i look at fish. That was the year before you were born, when Rurik was still alpha. She gave the girl a crooked smile, though her eyes remained sad and distant. Lonely, even.

Messages In This Thread