still I hear you say....
[html]

571 words!
Deuce was feeling calmer about everything, about life in general. She'd never had the chance to really tell Dierdre about her past, about her family.
"I never knew my parents. My adopted father, taliesin, was the bard of our tribe, the lightpaw tribe. It's far to the north. To them, wolves who couldn't shift weren't worth keeping, but my adopted father took care of me. I was always told my father died...but the truth was, he had another family. Your uncle Edgar used to be in jaded Shadows...he left a long time ago. My Mother died after giving birth to myself, my sister, and my brother. Bran and Branwen died when we were four moths old."
She paused, wondering if she should share the next part, then continued on. "When I was one, our omen reader told the alpha that my pure white fur and different eyes were a bad omen for the tribe, especially since I couldn't shift. I had to leave or die. I left. Many months later, i met Thorn and his brother Rurik, who let me join Syemv."
Thanos. How to explain to her child the fleeting nature of their meeting? Deuce fingered the necklace he'd given her. Pretty necklace for a pretty lady, she could hear him saying. She smiled softly. "It was several months, just before my second birthday, when I met Thanos. I was exploring, and I'd found a human house that was very pretty. So did he. Her bi-colored eyes were soft and distant, replaying a kinder past. "He scared me, and I fell down the stairs...he came to see if I was okay. One thing led to another, and.... She shrugged. Dierdre was smart, she'd know what happened next. "I thought it was love. I was in love with him by the time it was over with. He, on the other hand, snuck away. He didn't know about you until Phasma spoke to him about it. He was there on accident the day you were born. So was Phoenix and Phasma. And Soran helped birth you and your siblings.
More...she wanted to tell her child more. "Thanos...he loved you very much. He was scared. I met him once, after Akumu exiled me. Just outside of Bleeding Souls lands. He was very upset when i told him i didn't know where you were...he was scared you'd gotten hurt. Your father was very artistic...he was very sweet and sensitive. he just wasn't ready for us, for a mate and pups. She shrugged eloquently.
Dad. She vaugly wondered how Thanos would feel about being called that. Thinking about it brought it all back for her. "He had beautiful green eyes, like his mother and supposedly his father. When you were younger, you seemed to be half me and half him. You had one blue eye and one green eye. And your coat was a little more red. It seemed to be the most the mother had ever said about the male, but Deuce wasn't done. Her hand carressed the necklace, the slowly pulled it off, holding it in a hand and looking at it silently. "He gave this to me....'Pretty necklace for a pretty lady,' he said when he put it on me." She looked at her daughter thoughtfully. "Would you like it?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread