still I hear you say....
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She wondered if Pilot had known that Deuce was her mother when he had come by here. Had he come here on purpose, to speak with Deuce? Or maybe he'd just wandered in and ended up seeing her. She thought that he knew Deuce was her mom, but she couldn't be sure; she couldn't remember if she had told him or not. Maybe. "He's amazing. I can't believe that we're even together sometimes--it's like finding another part of yourself that you never knew was there...but that you needed" She and Pilot talked a lot...all the time. It was the thing that she liked the best about him. To the rest of the world she held a cold exterior...but with Pilot she could be herself, and talk about anything without worrying about sounding stupid.

The necklace was a new weight around her neck, but not a bad one. "And how'd you meet Physe? I miss him sometimes--I go to Chimera...or...the Moaning Woods, and sometimes I feel like he's still there. I think he might be wandering around there still-maybe like a ghost." She almost hadn't wanted to say it--that she'd thought she had seen him a couple of times. It had scared her, really. "But I was probably just imagining things." It hurt too much to think about him coming back. She didn't feel like she had been there enough for him--and he had died all alone. Maybe she shouldn't have brought this up. "But it's good to talk about the happy times, right? I remember sleeping in his den--and how nice and warm it was. He always had a fire"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread