thread title missing
[html]

OOC: And I delay once more, of course D: 400+

Oh gods, oh gods, what could he do? What the hell was he going to do? Lubomir shivered once, the fear strong on his fur. He thought of calling for someone, Cercelee or Mew, someone who could clearly deal with this much better than he. But... but if he ever wanted to be a good father, if he ever thought that puppies would be a walk in the park, he was in a for a rude awakening. Sure, he'd had some experience with his nieces and nephews, but nothing to this extent. He had been there for the comic relief, to make them laugh while their parents got some hard-earned rest. He had never had any of them turn sick like this. He feared the pup would die.

Catalyst. The name stuttered out of her, but at least Lubomir had something to call her by now. "No, no don't be scared, Catalyst, uncle Lubomir will take care of you."

It was stupid to call himself that, but here he was, falling right back into the old routine, the known name and the chosen role. Here he was, assuming kinship to the little white wolf, assuming that she would respond positively to this intrusion. Well, there was little to be done now but keep on improvising, making sure she was at least somewhat comfortable. It was only when her eyes met his, when he could see the pain and fear within and hear the words she spoke, that some kind of awareness entered the old wolf's mind. And with it came a new wave of fear.

"Catalyst. Little one, I need you to tell me one thing: have you ever shifted before? Have you ever gone from four legs to two?"

The thought had an ominous feel to it. He'd spent time with the puppies of the Old Country, but he had never helped them shift. His last, failed, attempt had been Ember, such a long time ago. "You have to overcome the pain, Catalyst. You're growing up, shifting. I know how much it hurts. Listen to my voice. Concentrate on the form you will have. Think of yourself as two-legged, tall, graceful, oh so beautiful. The pain is a fence to jump. It will hurt now and never again."

That last statement might have been a lie, but he wasn't sure he could bear hurting her more than needed. For now, he wanted her to listen, he'd focus on the details later.

And while he wanted so desperately to call for the leader or his beloved, Lubomir knew that the best thing right now would be to keep people away from Catalyst. If things got too much, he could call.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread