Two Intellectuals
[html]

.......okay - this will be my last post. if you want to reply, go ahead :]

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Hemming had read about humans doing elaborate experiments to answer questions such as this. They had a lot of tools at their disposal, though, and it was likely that they had had animals they could inoculate to determine the pathogenesis of the disease. The humans had chemical assays, spectroscopy and crystallography to help them as well, things that the wolf wouldn't be able to do with just what they had left behind. Maybe, if he was lucky, the answer would be clear enough to determine from the evidence that would be provided once the deaths started happening again. He would come back in the winter time, perhaps, and collect some bodies.

.......The tired sun was starting to rest on the pointed spokes of trees, and before long it would dip beneath them. Without light, Hemming would be unable to find his way back, especially if he ended up on the wrong side of the dense woods. Always cautious, he would like to give himself quite a bit of time. On top of the time that was needed to be home early, the wolf had to throw in some time for backtracking and time lost while he tried to figure out in which direction to go. After all of that, sleep would be a wonderful reprieve. Though his den was not yet as cozy as it could be, he wanted to spend the night in it. The furs that Ember had graciously donated were quite comfortable, and over the last few nights he had become rather fond of sleeping on them.

......."It is very odd... I'll have to come back when it starts to get cold and take a look. For the mean time, though, I think I'd best be going. Don't want to get lost," he smiled at his acquaintance gently, standing up. "It was nice meeting you, and hearing you play. I'm sure I'll see you around." With a smile and a meek wave, Hemming was off into the forest again, hoping he would be able to find his way out of the trees and back to his lovely cave.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread