Ex Cineribus
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ranth1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Hi! Sorry for the wait, I was really busy last night!

---

Amaranth awakened - though she would never have admitted that she had actually fallen asleep in such an awkward spot at such an awkward time - with a start. She twitched then stood immediately straight, her ruff standing straight up and her nerves strung taut. She glanced around frantically until her eyes fell upon a stranger, a gray-colored wolf who seemed to be enjoying the sun-warmed boulders as much as she. She sniffed hurriedly, at once thrilled and terrified that she might deal with a trespasser on her very first day, but his scent was familiar to her by now, laced with the same undertones of leather and corn as all of AniWaya's land. He was pack (tribe! she reminded herself again), so she consciously forced her fur back down, easing the muscles that kept her ears perked and muzzle wrinkled at the same time.

"You must be AniWaya. I am Amaranth... who are you?" She was ashamed at her pitiful excuse of a greeting - first a reaction to threat, then awkward stammering - but she would never admit it, and trying to repeat herself would be admitting it (at least in her eyes). "I am new here, an Itse. I don't know much about the tribe, not even where they - you - sleep." It was a pathetic excuse for falling asleep on a rock, but it would have to do. It was all she could manage.

Amaranth rose and casually stretched her legs - long for a female, though she still stood shorter than most males - then walked slowly closer to this stranger. As she walked she sampled his scent; it was interesting, and several notes of it were completely foreign to her. When she drew close, she nodded her head slightly, then stopped a couple paces short of his rock, not wanting to intrude. She sat back onto her hind legs, holding her tail just off the ground, not wanting to get it dirty. This was, after all, still a first impression. She must look perfect, especially if he were to show her to the rest of the tribe.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread