Ex Cineribus
[html]

.......No worries!

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......After he had found the springs and accomplished his mission, Hemming's mind wandered away. It took him a few moments to notice that the wolf he was sharing the clearing with was moving, but the information wasn't quite received by his brain and he continued to stare into the stream. It was wonderfully soothing, the way it moved and smoothed the little rocks beneath it, and the peacefulness of it all was making his eyelids start to droop a little. In the past few days, the male had been waking before sunrise and falling asleep after sunset, and with the long summer days that wasn't a lot of sleep. The excitement of his days were certainly a contributing factor to his lack of sleep as well; once he was settled in a bit more he'd be able calm down enough to sleep.

.......His eyes snapped open when he heard the other's voice, and he lifted his head to address her. "Hi, I'm Hemming," he replied slightly hazily, "I'm new here, too." Starting to come out of his lull, he smiled. "I went without a place to sleep for the first couple of nights, just sleeping wherever I fancied. There's a myriad of nice places around here where one can do so, as well. I'm not really sure where everyone else sleeps, actually. Ember sleeps down in the caves. She helped me pick a place out." The male didn't find it unusual at all to be sleeping on a rock by a spring; had the other not spoken to him he would have drifted off into a light sleep as well.

.......The male realized he was sort of running his mouth off, and stopped to consider what the other was really saying. "I don't know much about the tribe yet either. Have you poked around the village yet? It's quite interesting, and there's a stable with horses..." Hemming smiled again, softly, thinking about the offer he had received to help train a few of them. They were one of the most intriguing things he had run across in AniWaya territory so far.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread