The World Keeps Turning
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Briefly, the woman thought back upon that night. Gabriel de le Poer had been so... well his presence did certainly live up to his reputation. She had sensed great wrath within him, and such wrath she had never felt before. It had been heavy and red in the air, like the bloodied clouds of a battlefield. But the black fae had felt as if the leader of Inferni used such wrath to his advantage in a way both controlled and uncontrolled, making it a dangerous thing. Indeed, there had no doubt been some wrath directed directly at the Dahlian warrior, for she had crossed the boarders without permission. If not for the wounded boy in her arms, she did not doubt that the Inferni leader would have attacked her. And in the weary state that she was, having just healed from Hybrid’s attack and having carried the body of the boy for that great distance, she would not have been able to properly defend herself. But Gabriel de le Poer had been unmoved, and she had been allowed inside the enemy territory.

"Yes... I brought it up when I was in his presence," the woman explained, almost apologetically. It would have been better for Gabriel de le Poer, as a father, to have found out directly from his son. But the black warrior had been unaware that Ezekiel had chosen to be silent. "I joined Dahlia as the war between our packs ended, but I can still see the tension. The Lilium of Dahlia de Mai must hate Inferni as much as your father hates Dahlia." There was a slight pause and wry smile. "I was attacked by Hybrid, you know," she said quietly, "and so there has been a renewed tension." And the warrior had met her attacker. It was strange how he had come just as she had been able to shift down again. But he had not attacked her.... The black fae admitted that the strange, red-eyed coyote had been intriguing, and his words had been strange. But he had been unwise to attack a member of her particular pack—they were on a truce, after all. Then the warrior smiled slightly; warrior had a way of identifying each other.

The woman smiled, a quiet and warm gesture. "You have caused me no trouble," the alto melody replied quietly. If anything, it had been she who had caused the trouble. Had it not been her father that had attacked the golden boy? But she could not blame herself for that either, for she had not directly provoked her father to do such a thing. It had only been her scent. It was only lucky that she had come in time—she did not think that the crow wolf would have stopped and simply walked away. The white orbs looked upon the eyes of the other, seeing those many emotions and yet unable to sift through them for their numbers. Her head tilted slightly, wondering what it was that was bothering the boy so greatly. But she was silent.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread