I would still lay down my life for you
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He has a flashlight! Flashlights make everything okay XD

He could never think of her as weak. He knew her too well to ever believe such a thing. There were so many who would not have made it past what she already had. Most would have given up, resigned themselves to their fate. But not her. As much as it frightened her he knew she would not just give in. And so she had something she feared. One or two things was a great deal less than most creatures in this life. He was not without his own fears. Such as the fears for her safety and well being. He could not say he had ever feared much else. He had never feared an enemy, never feared death. But that did not mean he looked down on those that had things that made them afraid. That's why he was here after all. To chase the monsters and shadows back into oblivion.

Onus knew even as the words had left his mouth that she would not be able to accept his offer to stay with him. But somehow he had felt the need to say it regardless. Perhaps to let her know that she was always welcome here. That she would always be wanted and he would always keep her safe. His arm squeezed her more tightly as she whined. That whine which was so different than any that he had caused her to emit last night. The man hated to see her like this. He wanted this all to be over so she could finally be at peace. Her next words slightly disturbed him, though he supposed he was not surprised. The man was a sick bastard and so liked to play his little games. He toyed with them all as if he were some dark god. But I'll show him, he thought with a quiet inner purpose. I'll show him how mortal he really is. "Then don't seek him out. Let me find him." He didn't know if that was something she could do however. It made him nervous, to feel there was so little he could do to stand between her and Corvus.

He closed his eyes as her lips silently touched his, that quiet kiss muting his raging thoughts and concerns. Just give me tonight. Those dark orbs opened and looked back into their opposing pair. He rubbed his muzzle lovingly against her own. "Of course," the man said softly, his fingers rubbing her back. "Whatever you need, I'm here for you." And I always will be.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread