Now I am in vain
[html]
i think i'll wrap this one up if you don't mind! you can go ahead and have it archived after you read this post, or just pm after you do and i can have it archived myself <3. 209 words

Ares didn't really want to talk more about his mother, and so let her comment about loving ones drop off without a response on his part. She spoke about his name, then, and the meaning of it. All of what she said sounded very nice, but he wasn't too sure he bought into any of it. After all, it was self-chosen. It wasn't like either parent had gifted it to him, believing in his potential. It was a bit self-absorbed to think that he really was all those things. It was just a goal, really. A constant reminder of his imperfection to make sure he never stopped striving in the direction of goodness.

It looked, though, as if speaking with him had at least helped her spirits some. At least she was no longer crying. The adolescent male hopped off the bale of hay and approached the girl on the window sale. He rested his hand on her shoulder, awkwardly attempting to provide a moment of comfort before he departed. "Don't you give up, either. Let Crimson Dreams be a place of new beginnings for us both." And with that, he turned back the way he came, noisily descending the stairs he had clambered up a short while previously.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread