I've Been Waiting
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bletop.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

So intent on reaching her goal Adelaida was sucked into a sort of tunnel vision. It was nearly too late when she realized the block in her path, directly before her, and four legs flayed out in an attempt to stop her body from moving forward another inch. The result was a messy scramble to stop, and when she finally did come to a halt she was merely inches away from the creature, for she wasn’t even sure if he was a wolf just yet, her legs intertwined with another and her body crouched low to the ground. The voice was heard, clearly, and she hated the tone, but the words didn’t register. Too comforting to come from that darkness, for when she looked at the male that was all she saw. His eyes were soulless, just bottomless pits, and the white of his pelt only served to make the raven face more sinister.

“E-excuse me.” Apologetic and soft, as if she had gotten into his way. Her own voice had already taken on the pitiful sound that it developed when she was scared, though she kept trying to reason with herself that he hadn’t given her any reason to be scared. Except that he was there, in her way, and that was enough. Slowly she brought herself up to her standing height and even more slowly she took two steps back, perhaps if she moved slowly enough he wouldn’t notice. Her blue eyes, a blue so sharp it literally shined, peered about him, trying to discern what he was blocking her way for. “I was just p-passing through.” So innocent and naive were her words, but truly she did not understand.

Once again her mind when to the strange meeting with that first monster, the shifter who had threatened her with a knife. Then too a creature had stopped her passage for no reason at all, at least none that Adelaida was concerned with. Why now he was before her she didn’t even want the answer for, she only knew that grief had been replaced by dread and that she wanted to get away, as quickly as possible, and as painlessly too.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread