I've Been Waiting
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bletop.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He was lulling, almost hypnotic and Adeladia nearly forgot to be afraid, but it was in her nature. Shadows scared her, and so of course meeting a stranger in the dark was a scary situation indeed. Had his voice not been soothing, had not caused her to hesitate, she would have been slipped away in time. Yet against her will she was drawn in, forgetting herself for only a few moments as she contemplated his offer. It was those lost moments that caused her to become stuck, to get sucked in.

His voice drew her near but like a child awaking from a bad dream, those eyes startled her out of her haze. Pulling away abruptly she turned sharply, to face the way she had come. Should she get back into Dahlia borders she would be safe, but she had come a long way and her escape depended on the male letting her go peacefully.

Poorly acting, Adelaida tried to be casual, but her words were hurried and pained, her movements jerky and frantic. “I have to go back home. There’s been an accident you see… my f-friend.” She took a few hurried steps, hoping he wasn’t following but too afraid to turn and see least he was still there. “They got him, the luperci. He wasn’t shifted, h-he didn’t have a ch-chance.” Mostly she spoke to herself now, hoping that the male was just a memory she could now blot out. Strangers didn’t care about dead friends or where one had to be, and Adelaida just wanted to fill the silence with something, either her worried voice or her running footsteps.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread