a drop of treason
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Irritation flared up within her as he questioned her affirmation. Yes, of course she was sure. It was him, that filthy dog; he deserved no better than to be kept on a leash. Her upper lip curled into a disgusted grimace as she retracted her wrist, away from his dangerous grip. Nothing else was said pertaining to the husky, how he’d struck her across the face was kept a secret. Whining about it wouldn’t get her anywhere; the silver-hued hybrid already seemed to doubt her credibility. His voice escalated to harsher tones, paired with an ominous snarl that Alexey instinctively countered with a sharp bark, an indirect warning of some sort. She did not deserve to be treated like a child.

“Maybe you should start keeping up with her games, then.” she countered, hoping to make him realize how sneaky the former Dahlian femme really was. The Caregiver didn’t quite understand the second part of his explanation; how could he not have known Firefly’s siblings? She did not question it though, and merely pursed her lips together. It felt as though her blood was boiling in her veins; she’d reached the point where she just had to let off some steam. “Why? Because she’s not fit to be a mother. I found her child on the brink of death in Halifax. Conor almost died in my arms.” she said coldly, pointing out the flaws in his logic. He was right to a certain extent; children should not be separated from their mother but in this case, it had been necessary.

Both of her ears drooped when he finally mentioned how sorry he was about the recent loss of her mate. Although the gesture was appreciated, it felt so impersonal. She should’ve thanked him or at least acknowledged the fact that he was trying to be civil and yet, she couldn’t. The Acer’s voice broke and her eyes welled up with salty tears. “I’m used to it, I guess. He didn’t want me-“ she paused, adverting her eyes away from his gaze as she continued. “Just like you didn’t want me back then.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread