Son of Sun
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Right after she sat down next to Jac on the slab of warm rock, she folded her arms in disapproval of Jac's excuse. "What could I possibly have been doing? I'm blind remember? I can't do anything really useful without help," she replied with a slightly scoffing, but amused tone. Her ability to detect when the king was fibbing or not had grown gradually over her time with him to the point where trying to hide something from her was almost pointless. She still couldn't figure out why he kept trying, however. Perhaps that was just in his persistent nature never to give up. Fortunately for Jac, Ruri was not really in the mood to scold him anymore. As long as he knew she was still wise to most of his tricks then she would be content. The blue merle and white collie girl smiled when Jac mentioned their family. It had been odd for her to make friends with all of them so quickly. The fact that she'd been separated from Jac and thus in need of companionship had driven her to be openly accepting of all who were nice to her. It hadn't just been her fellow pack members that she had befriended either.

As she sat there, next to Jac, her thoughts drifted momentarily to the quiet, and slightly secretive male who had visited her only three days after she had arrived on these shores. Why had Heath not come to see her again? He had seemed to enjoy her company and she certainly had enjoyed his, although at the time she would have enjoyed anyones company as long as it diverted her attention from her depression. Her pale blue eyes wandered aimlessly, being protected from the direct sunlight by a few strands of her long, silken hair. Hopefully the male would travel this way again sometime. She would like to talk to him again, now that she was not the depressed basket case she had been when they had first met.

She was snapped out of her dreamlike state of mind by Jac's booming voice. She laughed as Jac spoke of how he and she were the minority in these lands. He had offered to describe her friends to her, to which she smiled and shook her head gently in a negative fashion. "I appreciate the offer, Jacquez, but I don't think describing them to me would do me much good. Visual descriptions don't mean anything to me, since I don't know what the words refer to," her soprano voice twittered in a gentle laugh before she resumed speaking. "I prefer to characerize my friends based on different things, like smell and touch. Take you for instance," she paused and laid her delicate hand on his shoulder, running her fingers through his fur."My image of you, is a very strong, soft-furred person, with a deep voice that I can hear from a great distance. You're a lot taller than me and you don't where human clothes like the others do on occasion. You smell, mostly of the sea; and more often than not you have the faint scent of some sort of alcohol lingering on you," she giggled in an almost puppish fashion before finishing, "You're personality also makes up a large part of how I see you, although it would take me too long for me to tell you just how wonderful I think you are. I missed you a lot, Jac." She smiled before lying down beside Jac and wrapping her arms around him in a display of the deep, familial affection she had for him. She hadn't been able to give him a hug the day he had returned, so this hug was going to make up for that time as best as possible.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread