Son of Sun
[html]

OoC:...

Her high clear voice chimed like a bell beside him, reminding him of her many insecurities. She might always have the mind of a child, wanting to be accepted and liked, wanting to be needed. "How could I forget, petite, with you constantly reminding me? But surely even you have noticed, you need no help to lift the spirits of our new royal court. They all carry great burdens, but when they are near your sweet smile and your nightingale's voice, they feel lighter than feathers." He relaxed as the sun's warmth crept tendrils down his russet-gold muzzle, spreading across the cream-pale fur of his throat, filtering onto his whipcord-muscled torso. Sunbathing was one of his favorite hobbies. The sun king, indeed.

He rumbled contentedly, purring like a cat as Ruri curled her arms around his frame. He liked physical contact of all sorts -- he was a hands-on kind of guy. (Or hand-on, since he only had the one to work with.) Things were different with Ruri than with other girls, though. Without knowing their history, an outsider might easily jump to the conclusion that the two collies were in love. Ruri was always boasting about her brave strong companion, and Jac always spoke fondly of his little partner, always at his side. They both got away with things that others did not. And yet, things had and always would be purely platonic. The blind girl had filled the role of "family member" - he had raised her like a daughter, trusted her like a sister, even relied on her like a mother. Her naive innocence was charming enough to leave intact - he would never corrupt her, like he did every other pretty face he came across. And because his simple mind and poor memory did not have room for many complicated bonds, he felt no need to search for a mate or have children. He already had Ruri. It was too tricky to explain to Leroy, in their heart to heart the other day, and not something he often felt the need to explicate. People just had to spend time around the inseparable pair to realize how it was between them.

"Fair enough, mon amie. It is only I who would continuously stare at the physical; it takes your insight to show me what a person truly looks like." He chuckled, listening with interest to her loving description of him. It all sounded very noble, just the way he liked it. Except perhaps the bit about being a drunkard, but that was truth enough. Now he was thirsty. "You know I missed you too, cherie. It's not the same with you."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread