Son of Sun
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Whoops, wrong account. Oh well, at least I used the right table ^^'. So, Miyu, shall we end this thread?

The ivory and slate hued girl frowned at Jac's mention of the speach impediment he was prepared to incur upon himself with the piercing he desired. She would have to oppose this with as much might as her fragile form could muster. Not being able to hear her best friend speak would deprive her of one of her favorite things in life. Since hearing was one of the ways she viewed the world, she wouldn't want to have an integral part of her life blocked by such an unnecessary thing as a piercing in her best friend's tongue. "Are you sure you'd rather not get a piercing in your ear or some other place? I like your voice just the way it is, and if you couldn't talk, I'd be very upset." She spoke with definite sincerity and a slight pout on her face. Although she herself could not see it, the blind girl had learned that making such a face had occasionally forced Jac to relent from whatever course of action he had planned on taking. It was odd that a girl whose eyes proved useless for their intended function of sight could be so skilled in producing a puppy-dog, sad-eyed pout.

Fortunately for Jac, he would not have to look at Ruri's pouting face for long as he had changed the subject once again, causing Ruri to focus on listening, rather than dissuading her friend from piercing his tongue. The idea of having more girls to talk to was very appealing to the adolescent collie girl. Being that her closest companion was Jac, Ruri had grown up without any girl friends to talk with and as a result she was quite uneducated in the subtleties of womanhood. "I think I'd like that. You're so busy these days with your kingly duties that I get left without people to talk to for hours at a time. It'd be nice to have more people to talk to." The innocent-minded girl would have been content to make friends with anyone who joined the pack, after getting to know them of course."I like it here very much, Jac, although some of the terrain is a little hard for me to navigate. I've managed to memorize most of the area around the cabin. That's how I was able to find you so quickly. I'll be happy anywhere you take me...as long as you're there of course," the devoted girl giggled after she quickly added the last part to her response. As long as she was where Jac was, she was content. Although everyone in Cour des Miracles, especially the royal court, was her family, she was by far the closest to Jac. Anyone who observed her with him might think she was attached to him by an invisible rope, for she was never too far from his side. She was, in every sense of the word, the perfect sidekick to the king, and she intended to stay that way.

So with her last response given, Ruri adjusted her position slightly, still resting her head upon his shoulder. If they wasted the entire day just basking in the sun, she wouldn't care in the least. Right now, everything was perfect.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread