Mommy, it's all coming apart...
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Word Count: 434

His white palms granted him darkness, but he lifted his eyes to look at the femme when she finally approached him and spoke his name. He'd known that she would come - she was obviously the one that had sent Brennt running. Silent, the male said nothing and simply looked at her, before letting his gaze drop again onto the asphalt before him. Her eyes was fierce, as fierce as those of Brennt - wolves on the hunt. Was that the way he looked when he hunted his own prey? The action was not comparable, even if these actions towards Brennt were, also, for their own kind's survival. Moments passed and he finally spoke, not wanting to be impolite. His voice was low and distant, speaking a single word only. Cwmfen.

Only when she stated that he had escaped her yet again did he look up, and stand up. His hands still shook, and he was ashamed of not having been of use. Even if he had been a warrior.. no, he wasn't a warrior. He could never be a warrior. The only battles he would fight were the medical and political battles, the rest should be left to others than himself. I'm sorry. He ran right past me and ahead that way, but I.. have no strength. His words felt true that instant - he had no strength. Once faced with the creature again, his knees had buckled and his hands shaked - he was useless, and it shamed him. His eyes examined the dark femme before him, noted how she bore herself with a precision he lacked. He could weave blankets and skin animals to make items, he could build buildings and control large fires to burn and renew the fields - but he did not have her strength. He should have turned when he smelled the predator.

Dawali sighed heavily and leaned against the wall again, looking ahead at where the creature had ran. He could hope that one day, Cwmfen might be able to take him down - that their losses would be avenged, and that would be it. That he would not be forced to interact with it ever again. But he knew without a doubt that he could not ignore the problem and hope it would go away by itself. Besides, he had pledged his tribe an ally to Phoenix Valley, and their loss in particular could not go unavenged. Cwmfen spoke words and the male looked at her, his face troubled, and spoke with the same low voice. Next time, I might not be so lucky, either.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread