the plot to bomb the panhandle
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The youthful-looking Optime returned his friendly greeting, polite and calm. It was somewhat of a relief to have a normal adult conversation... It had been too long since he had jested with Sankor, or anyone besides his mate, really. Bedrest was unfortunately lonely, interrupted frequently by noisy puppies. He loved the colourful kids, but when they insisted on waking him up several times each day, he was less than pleased by their company.

He saw Kansas's dumbfounded expression, and cringed, wondering if he had said too much. It was common knowledge around here, but clearly, Firefly had not been kind enough to keep her gentle brother in the loop. Slay felt an ebbing of guilt, knowing that he might have caused trouble for the both of them. "Of course," he agreed quickly, still catching his breath. It wasn't too far from here... but it would take them a while, since recuperating-Slay could not muster more than a lazy trot. "I, ehh... I'm sorry 'bout all that. I thought if you knew about her kids, you'd know who the father was... If it's any consolation, they did seem to really love each other. For a while, at least." He wanted his words to be a consolation, but somehow it seemed more like he was firmly wedging his foot in his mouth. Haku Soul was a creepy violent man, and it probably wasn't flattering to say that his young cousin had been enamored enough to birth his pups. It was a sticky situation, and Slay was unfortunately poor at dealing tidings diplomatically, judging by the Sadira wolf's wearied sigh. It would be better if he just changed the subject.

The shaggy arctic wolf padded several paces in the right direction, testing the air to make sure he was correct. He had not personally visited Haku's cabin - ever - but he knew roughly where it was located, and the Lilium's scent was everywhere, since he frequently scouted the borders. Hopefully the blue-eyed leader would not be home, and instead they would be greeted by the friendly pup-sitter, Alexey Koios. She had all but taken up residence there, devoting her time to raising the boys right. "So, Kansas... are you a father?" he asked, an unsubtle topic-change. He knew very little of packs other than his own, so despite Savina's friendship with Cercelee, Slay was in the dark.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread