fire melts ice, ice [p]uts out fire
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Slay yawned again, worn out already by the short distance he had walked. He despised how weak he felt all the time. It was an alien sensation - he was used to being drowsy, sure, but he was also athletic and an exceptional hunter. Now he was drowsy and pathetically out-of-shape. "Pendzez. Pleasure to meet you," he added politely, repeating the name so that he would not forget it. Phoenix Valley was friendly with Dahlia de Mai, last he checked, so it couldn't hurt to have an ally there.

The names were unfamiliar to him - DaVinci, Miriette, foreign-sounding sobriquets. Slay had never been a very political wolf, and thus did not know many of the other souls that inhabited these lands. He only remembered those in his own pack, and even then, he had to meet them first. Lately he had been so wrapped up with his family that he had barely left the church, and only then, to hunt. And of course, when he was injured... "The pup-eater... His name is Brennt? We've heard stories of him as well. He wounded our Warrior in a fight, and frightened one of my little wards terribly. I'm sorry to hear that your pack lost one of their young. It's a terrible thing."

He grimaced at the thought, whiskers bristling as his teeth bared. What kind of sick predator would skulk about the land, seeking to kill children? It affected him particularly because now one of his five adopted pups, Cath, was missing, and after Ava was spooked, too. It was a dangerous time for a little girl to travel alone. "If... you happen to come across a little black pup with odd-eyes of red and gold... Well, make sure she's okay," he said gruffly, concern in his ice-pale gaze. Catharsis had most likely left to seek out her mother. She had the most reasons not to accept her new life here in Dahlia de Mai, but it weighed heavily on the inwardly-sensitive male. She should have told them first, even if they would have tried to stop her.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread