fire melts ice, ice [p]uts out fire
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Pendzez fell silent, listening politely to the healing Dahlian. Slay realized that the conversation had grown one-sided, and let his voice trail off, smiling ruefully. Was he bored enough that he would talk the ears off of any stranger that got close enough? He did prefer the company of others, at least when they could put up with his frequent yawning and teasing, but... "So, Phoenix Valley, huh? I thought Flayra chose to join Crimson Dreams." Had she changed packs a second time, or were they not living together? Given the way she had sought his presence, Slay would have assumed the siblings would be staying together. If his Aniketos ever showed up at his doorstep, he'd be happy to offer her a place in his home, or at least their packlands... but then again, family was often enigmatic to the runaway wolf...

"Her name is Catharsis," he said gently, pale eyes focused blankly on the horizon as if expecting the clever girl to be wandering home at that very moment. "Catharsis de Sadira. Oh, but - she doesn't speak fluent English, so you'll know her when you see her. If you see her." His frown deepened, concern coiling in his stomach. Would they ever know if she found her mother? Would Anka bring her back again, or had Brennt found her first...? She was getting old enough to take care of herself, but still not old enough to shift. It weighed on his mind. If he had spent more one-on-one time with her, would she have decided to stay instead? Had he failed in that sense, too, and not just that he had been beaten up by the murderer he was trying to defeat? What an unfortunate sequence of events...

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread