everything that makes us wonder.
[html]
Tayui listened quietly as Deuce gathered herself, bringing herself closer and closer to the verge of tears with every word. Patiently, she waited as Deuce was able to collect herself, her story becoming more coherent as she spoke. Tayui frowned, her mouth twisting in unhappiness as the other female continued to speak. She felt a heavy weight press down on her chest as Deuce recounted the things that pained her, wishing she did not feel so much like the antagonist for having Deuce relive this. Tayui could not do anything to help ease the female's pain, but the fact that Deuce trusted her enough to tell her this, even when it hurt her so, eased her worries a little. She was unsure if she could help the other, but it was her duty to try.

Tayui wondered what she might possibly be able to do that might help. She knew nothing of how the mind worked, and had not read any books on it involving voices in one's head, real or not. She did not know if they might be a dream, Deuce's imagination, or her memories returning to haunt her. She did suppose that she could pay Inferni a visit to see what they knew of Shadow's death, however, she knew the coyote clan was far more lawless than their own. The penalty for the murder of another, whether a part of their pack or not, was heavy. Tayui knew that Phasma had exiled Lucifer for rape, and although she was unsure if he had since repented for this, or if such was possible, they did not take such actions lightly. She knew from discussion with Kaena, however, that the coyotes did not view wolves in a very positive light. Fatin was on good terms with Inferni, and although Tayui and Kaena had reached an agreement, she was not sure how this would carry over to Gabriel now that he lead the clan. She would have to talk to both Gabriel and Lucifer, it seemed, to straighten this out.

"I cannot tell you how sorry I am for your losses. Words can harm one more than they can soothe sometimes," she replied with a certain degree of regret. "However, I will try to rectify this if I can. I will speak to Gabriel and see what happened with your son, however, if he was trespassing, the coyotes may have seen fit to make an example of him." She tried to keep her words kind, but it was the look in her eyes that truly said I'm sorry. "And I will speak to Lucifer if you want me to. It's not my place, I know, so that would be your call. I would like to help you, Deuce, if I can." And she would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread